Del Norte Place Meeting Agenda
December 21, 2022, 6:00 PM
Phoenix College Willo Room - In Person and Virtual
Attendees: Webex: Doris McVey
In-Person: Ram Garcia, Liza Garcia, Mary Miller, Roy Miller, Roxanne Whitney, Stacey Newman, Kelly Blake, Maria O’Malley, Arlee Reach, Janeen Ryan, Greg Meyer, Cyndi Meyer, Julie German, Brian & Andie Wixom, Len Horton, Jeff, Callie and Wally Schwinkendorf, Amie Kafer, Dean Fenger, Shawn Warrender, Breanna Block, Dawn Collins, Gary Newson, Jodie Snyder, Shawn Torre, Sharon Torre, Michele Smith, Tim Smith, Heather Finden
Call to Order & Land Acknowledgement– Tim Smith
Meeting Code of Conduct
1. Topics discussed in the meeting should be relevant to the Del Norte Place Neighborhood and/or its residents.
2. Treat all participants with kindness, respect, and consideration.
3. Do not talk over speakers or engage in disruptive behavior.
4. Value a diversity of views and opinions, including those you do not share.
5. Communicate openly with respect for others, critiquing ideas rather than individuals.
6. Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech directed toward others.
7. Comply with the rules and regulations of the Phoenix College venue.
8. Meeting leadership or other participants may ask someone who is not complying with the code of conduct to cease that behavior.
9. If any participant continues to violate the code of conduct, they shall be asked to leave the meeting immediately.
Thanking volunteers on our first alley cleanup – Michele Smith
All Del Norte Place Alleys were addressed for trimming and gathering of trash on December 10. Neighbors met at 1601 W. Vernon at 8:00 am and worked until 11:00 am. The neighborhood is still waiting for bulk pickup.
Volunteers: Jeanne Kainec, Steve Brown, Julie Alden, Jodie Snyder, Amie Kafer, Dawn Collins, Julie German, Gary Newson, Callie Schwinkendorf, Shawn Torre, Sharon Torre, Tim Smith, Michele Smith.
Heather Finden received donations of gloves, bags and a bucket from Home Depot and provided a map and plan for the morning.
The surfacing of the alleys was recognized as a positive step forward. Thank you to the handful of neighbors who called the city about the condition of the alleys, including ruts and dust. The first call was made on November 2, and we will be following up on the condition and quality of the surfacing.
Financial Update from Treasurer - Sharon Torre
Starting Balance: $131.00
Garage Sale proceeds,
Ice Cream Social, Refreshments,
Updates and announcements on submission of Block Watch Grant for 2023 – Heather Finden
Nonprofit status filing with Arizona Corporation Commission– Heather and Michele
2023 Grant Request was $15,000
1) Quarterly Block Watch Special Events
(Tables, chairs, pop up canopies, signage, promotional items, food and beverages)
2) Two Neighborhood & Alley Clean Ups
(Tools, equipment, igloos, shed for storage, food and beverages, shirts, water bottles, cooling towels)
3) Safety Tools & Equipment
( Flashlights, smoke alarms, motion sensor lights, magnets, car sunshades)
4) Operational Needs & Communication
( Laptop, projector, newsletter, website platform, printing, Zoom account)
Nonprofit Status from ACC was granted on December 12
Obtain Tax ID Number from IRS
• Open a Bank Account
• Researching 501(c3)
• $275 filing fee with IRS
• First quote is $650 for CPA
• Preparing FAQ sheet
Recognition for donations to outreach community Arizona Friends of Homeless
Donations will be accepted for Arizona Friends of Homeless through the New Year! Drop off 1609 W. Virginia Avenue
Reminders - Caroling Event
Luminarias - Place bags and candles at dusk
Caroling – Friday December 23
1605 W. Wilshire Drive 5:00 pm
Luminarias – Saturday December 24
Thank you to all attendees
Adjournment of meeting and start of Holiday Potluck Festivities, Appetizers and desserts, cider, hot chocolate, and water. Click on the button below or Click here to view photos from Holiday Party
Next Committee Meetings
Jan. 18, 2023 –
Block Watch Captain Meeting
6:00 – 7:00
All Other Committees Meet
7:00 – 8:00
Next Full Meeting Feb. 15, 2023,
6:30 – 7:30